An UP42 credit is the unit used to set the price for data and processing blocks, as well as infrastructure services. One UP42 credit is equivalent to 0,01 Euro/Dollar (1 cent) and 100 UP42 credits is equivalent to 1 Euro/Dollar.
To purchase credits, go to Credit Management, add a credit card and select the preferred credit package.
Credits are non-refundable and expire 24 months after they have been allocated into the account. For example, a user who creates an account on the 1st of January 2021 and receives their 10,000 sign-up credits would have 24 months since that date to use those credits.
If you would like to buy credits in larger packages or are unsure on which credit package is right for you, please contact our sales team.
Credits are used for the following when running a job:
- Data costs: how much data was consumed through a data block.
- Processing costs: how much data was processed through a processing block.
- Infrastructure costs: how much machine time was used while running a job.
While a job estimation prior to running a job gives a cost estimate on the data and processing costs, infrastructure costs are summarized in a complete credit allocation summary provided for you in the job dashboard after running your job.
Please note that only successful job tasks will be charged credits. For more information, please refer to the article Core concepts.
Please be aware that the minimum credits required for running a job is 1000 credits.
Data and processing blocks are priced differently because they serve different purposes, such as:
- providing access to high-resolution commercial data
- providing access to open data
- delivering machine learning algorithms for: -ship detection -car detection -land cover classification, and etc.
These prices are usually set by the upstream data/algorithm providers who distribute their services via UP42 data or processing blocks. These providers also specify the units for block usage (e.g., MB, square kilometers, scenes, megapixels processed, and etc). This information can be found in the block descriptions on the Marketplace.
|Machine Type||CPUs||Memory (GB)||Credits (per hour)|
- All CPUs and GPUs are charged a minimum of 1 minute. For example, if you run your machine instance for 30 seconds or less, you will be billed for 1 minute of usage.
- After 1 minute, instances are charged in 1 second increments.
- Credit accounting is rounded up: any fractional credit usage gets rounded up to 1 credit, e.g., 0.1 credit is billed as 1 credit.
|Machine Type||Example load|
|small||Data block that downloads images or a processing block with a very basic algorithm block.|
|medium||Processing block with a basic algorithm, e.g. K-means clustering UP42 demo block.|
|large||Multi-band imagery analysis not parallelizable with raster tiling.|
|xlarge||More advanced algorithms, e.g. Range Doppler Terrain Correction.|
|gpu_nvidia_tesla_k80||GPU intensive ML algorithm, e.g., Sentinel 2 Super-resolution by UP42. Includes xlarge machine with NVIDIA Tesla K80 GPU and extra 12 GB of GDDR5 SDRAM.|
VAT is short for Value Added Tax. UP42 GmbH is a company operating in the European Union (EU), therefore we are obliged to charge VAT for every monetary transaction taking place in our platform, which includes selling credits to our customers. It's important to note that the application of VAT is dependent on the legal status of a customer: company or private person.
If your company operates within the EU, a VAT identification number is necessary. The following information is also required: a billing address and a credit/debit card.
If you are a private customer based in Germany, you will also need to pay VAT at a current tax rate of 19%.