UP42 is authorised to perform a Know Your Customer (KYC) compliance check for all of our users in order to:
- Verify the identity of our customers
- Avoid any potential risk of misuse or criminal intent (particularly regarding Anti-Money Laundering laws)
- Abide by the terms and conditions unique to each data/algorithms stipulated by our data providers and partners
Depending on the data, the financial amount invested on the platform and also the tasks requested, the level of control can be different.
The duration of a KYC check also varies on a case-by-case basis - from a few hours to a few weeks. Providing the relevant information as soon as possible reduces the time needed to perform a KYC check for your account.
In order for our compliance team to initiate the KYC procedure, it is important to fill out your account information as accurately as possible upon sign up and to verify your account details.
Account verification has different processes depending on the account type (either individual or a business):
- If your account is registered as an individual, your account is verified and no extra step is required
- If your account is registered as a business, check if the company information that you provided upon sign up has been verified. To do so, navigate to Account Verification located within the Account tab on the Console.
Confirmation of verified account details will appear as shown:
If your company details have not been verified, please select your business from the potential matches as shown below.
The degree of a KYC compliance check varies between the different datasets and your use case. Some data blocks, such as those classified under restricted data blocks, may require further examination of additional documents and information. If this is the case, our compliance team will contact you. The usage of this data outside of this purpose is strictly prohibited.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our KYC process, please contact our compliance team.